Friday, August 2, 2013

Design Challenge : August's Feature Designer


We're really excited to bring you a new Design Challenge project this week.  Let's get started by meeting our designer - Nati from Nati's Little Things!


My name is Nati, I am Argentinian but have been living in Europe for 6 years now. I live with my husband who is English and our little French born Yorkie in Luxembourg (that tiny little country squeezed in between France, Belgium and Germany). I have started quilting over a year now but have been sewing and knitting since I was a little girl and spent all afternoons with my lovely grandmother who taught me how to make clothes for my dolls. I love to make quick and useful projects for me and my loved ones and quite a few for charity.

What is on your quilt bucket list?

I have a general craft bucket list where I have lots of projects I haven't yet made, some even because they wont even fir in my current flat and are waiting for us to some day move to a bigger house to materialise... But currently there is a quilt I had to pick all the quilting as it wasn't nice and I need to find the courage to try quilting it again. And I would love to make a huge quilt with half square triangles some time.

Where do you find your inspiration for your sewing/quilting projects?

Everywhere and in the most unexpected places. I made a counted cross  stitch for a friend inspired in the plates from a museum coffee shop... So really anything can be of inspiration.

What was your first quilting project?

My first quilting project is the quilt in the picture that was sent to the charity I help in Argentina. It is now with a girl that had major surgery to be able to walk. It was a very emotional quilt to make and knowing that she has it and loves it makes it all more special. 


Stop by tomorrow to see what Nati made with this fun bundle

Happy Sewing!  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)