Friday, April 19, 2013

WIP : Weekender Bag

Happy Friday y'all!  :-)  Do you ever have one of those days at work where all you can think about is what you'd rather be sewing?  It just makes meetings so much longer.  :-)

After going to Sew South and tacking the duffle bag and also admiring my roommate's super fun Weekender bag, I came back ready to take it on.


So far, I've done the side pockets. I did some fussy cutting with a few pieces for the centers of the pockets.  And then I had to put it aside to work on some other things.  I hope to quilt some more panels this weekend.  I am headed to California for a conference with some of my students next week and had hoped to have it finished by then, but I don't think its going to happen.  Probably best not to rush it anyway.

Have any of you ever made the Weekender?  Any tips to share?

Hope you had a great day!  I'm off to do some of that sewing ...

Happy Sewing! :-)

5 comments:

  1. I have my very own weekender! Heidi and I hosted a sew-along on our blogs. And there is a flickr group, The Long Weekend, with photos too. During the event we had people offer advice on making the bag. You might want to check it out. But it looks like you are doing just fine on your own. I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in California! The year the national conference was held in Anaheim was my favorite. Lots of great memories from that trip (Disney Land especially).

    I think the quilted version of this bag will prove to be much easier to sew. I haven't made mine yet, but Elizabeth Hartman's notes on her quilted version seemed really intuitive to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag is on my list but it is a little intimidating! Your QAYG version will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, happens many times at work :). Great fussy cutting, love the glasses. Never made a weekender but had fun looking at the Long Weekend and Elizabeth's progress as they happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo, looks like a great start!! This bag is on my to do list! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)