Thursday, August 9, 2012

Off Track Owls

Hi again!  Recently, I (finally) finished another BIG quilt.  A friend of mine asked if I could make a twin size quilt for her little boy who was going to be getting a big boy bed.  Of course, I agreed and she selected some cute owl fabric and the Off Track pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew.


Once I pieced this I knew that quilting it wasn't going to be an option for me if I wanted to maintain some sanity.  (It's wayyyyy to big about 70" x 90" ... my 6'4" huband is holding it up in these photos.)  So, I asked the fabulous Marlene of KISSed Quilts to help.  She was easy to work with by email and answered all my questions and sent some pictures of some different thread options.


She did an amazing job!  She even trimmed it down for me ... thank goodness!  :-)


I bound it with Free Spirits Designer Houndstooth in Chocolate which worked out really well.


I love the way she signs her work, too.  Super cute!  :-)

I got this quilt mailed off last week and I hear it was well-received.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

5 comments:

  1. That is a great quilt and the quiltting is also right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt! You did a great job and Marlene also did a great job with the quilting! I'm not surprised it was well received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Chrissy! I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome quilt and quilting.You both did fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing it completed!! Glad it was well received too. Thanks for the opportunity to help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)