Friday, January 6, 2012

Finish-A-Long 1st Quarter

Hey there!  I'm going to be working on a lot of projects this year, including attacking my scraps (more about that this weekend!) as well working to finish up some WIPs that have been laying around for awhile.  Rhonda has challenged us to a Finish-A-Long and you can check out all the details here.


So, for the first quarter of 2012 here are the projects I plan to finish (beleive me there were a lot to choose from! haha) ...

1. Monochromatic Castle Peeps Quilt

I made this quilt top awhile ago and when I first showed it to my mister he said "wow, when did you get that fabric?! The middle ages?!"  Whatever!  I have the backing, binding and top draped on a hanger just waiting around for quilting and binding.

2. Zoology Baby Quilt

So yea, I probably made this about a year and half ago and just need to hand stitch the binding.  Lame, I know.  :-/

3. English Paper Piecing Hexies

I got on a hexie kick and enjoyed stitching these together.  I have a plan for using these which I hope to share in a tutorial soon.  But I think these have been sitting around about a year too.  Many of these are favorite prints and this definitely represents my personal stash-o-prints. :-)

4. Primary String Quilt

These blocks are from a Flickr bee and I really need to finish this project and hand it off to special recipient.  :-)

Ok, so there you have it ... the WIPs I intend to finish this quarter.  I'll keep you posted!

Happy Sewing! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors in the your Zoology quilt and I can't wait to see what you do with your hexies. I can't wait to watch the progress of your projects (and to see what is in store for our scraps)(ice, ice baby...you might have been dating yourself a bit). I laughed so hard when I seen your first picture. My daughter and her children call me Mommie Dearest (I guess between my husband and I - I am the mean one - in their phones that is how I am listed Mommie Dearest) so that first picture with the wire hanger had me cracking up. When I turned the screen and asked my daughter "what do you think of this quilt" she said "its on a wire hanger" and we both busted a gut. So....thank you so very much for a good laugh!!! We needed that especially this early in the morning. Neither of us are feeling very well and shouldn't be up so early. Thanks again for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful...I can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)