Saturday, October 1, 2011

Swoon (again)

Hi again!  About a month ago, I posted a Swoon block with Summer House. And I was glad I had the practice when Rachel announced that our September block for the Faith Circle of do. Good Stitches was a Swoon block!  It is a lot of points to match up and bias edges galore.  :-)

I finished my block up last night and photographed it this morning (without good light) before shipping it off today.  I was much happier with this block as my points and seams were a lot better.  Here's my interpretation of her color scheme ...

I used an Amy Butler lotus print I've had sitting on the shelf looking at me for awhile.  ;-)  And I paired it with a DS Quilts print.  I was a little worried about the directional nature of the blue print, but it ended up blending well at the seams and I think reads as a solid next to the lotus print.  I am so glad I fussy cut the center too! :-)

Some things I did differently this time around ... pressed all seams open ... AND I actually sliced the squares in half before sewing them instead of drawing a diagonal line and sewing down either side then cutting.  I think my HST blocks came out more consistent this way. 

The block isn't really that hard, but I think it does warrant slowing down and taking your time so that when you get done its worth the reward of one big (24") beautiful block!

I can't wait to see how all the blocks from my group look all together.

Happy Sewing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)