Saturday, April 23, 2011

"Y" I Needed a Seam Ripper

Hi again!  I've been working on lots of different projects over the past week, including some bee blocks. I'm in several bees on Flickr, including the do.Good Stitches bee. For April, Rachel asked us to make some rainbow blocks in any design and size that we wanted.  A wide open request for sure!

I've been pouring over several quilting books lately and have a long list of "quilts to make" and I decided to give the "modern baby quilt" from Malka Dubrawsky's Fresh Quilting book a whirl.  Well, let me start by saying under the book's title it says "fearless color, design and inspiration."  This block is definitely not for the faint of heart!  It is mostly due to ALL THE "Y" SEAMS!  Unfortunately, I did need my seam ripper.  Grrrr. 

But, I think it turned out pretty good for my first go round on this block.  I will probably try it again, but it won't be today!  haha  And I definitely don't know that I'd labor over several blocks and give this quilt away.  It would have to be for a VERY good friend's baby! :-)

For my second block, I went with something a little simpler and used some solids from my scrap bins.  This one measures 6.5" square.

That is all for now ... I will share some other bee blocks with you soon. :-)

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)